How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath
Do you suffer from bad breath?
People who do suffer from bad breath are quite likely not to notice it themselves as we become aware of our own smell and can be quite used to it so sometimes fail to notice that it smells unpleasant.Sometimes a close friend or a member of your family may be the first to let you know that your breath smells as in general other people are a little embarrassed to tell you.
What are the main causes of bad breath
Some of the most common causes of bad breath are:
- Gum Disease -infection or inflammation of the tissues that surround the teeth.
- Bacteria-Caused by food deposits left between the teeth[ this can be avoided by regular cleaning between teeth after eating]
- Smoking and Alcohol consumption can be a cause of badly smelling breath
- Eating certain types of foods and taking of some medications causes bad breath
- Weightloss and dieting-due to chemicals known as Ketones which are produced by the breakdown of fat
- Try and make sure that you thoroughly brush your teeth twice a day,also change your toothbrush on a regular basis.Make sure that you pay special attention to areas between your teeth and use a good quality fluoride toothpaste.
- Regularly swill mouth with a good mouthwash and use a little on a brush to clean the back of the tongue.
- Try to not eat sugary snacks too much but if you do brush your teeth right after and if indulging in sugary drinks don`t leave them in your mouth for too long.
- Where possible use only sugar free medications.
- If you are a smoker then give it up,if you are unable to do so then chewing gum regularly can prevent or at least reduce bad breath.