|Vanilla and Raspberry Cupcakes|
Recipe Type: desert
scrumptious cupcakes to die for
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- For the filling: 1 pack cream cheese and 1/2 cup raspberry jam.
- For the frosting: 1 1/2 cups softened butter, 1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon raspberry extract.
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda and salt).
- In a seperate bowl combine all wet ingredients (oil, water, vinegar and vanilla extract).
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined and no visible lumps are left in the batter.
- Fill cupcake pan (with liners) 2/3 full. Bake at 350 F for 20-22 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Mix cream cheese and jam together until combined, spoon filling into a pastry bag.
- With an electric mixer beat the butter until creamy
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar and beat until creamy
- Keep adding bit more sugar at a time (beating in between) until you reach your desired sweetness.
- add in the extract, mix and spoon into a piping bag
- Using a sharp knife cut out small upside down cones from the center of the cupcakes
- Fill this little hole with the raspberry/cream cheese filling.
- Pipe on frosting to cover the hole and the rest of the cupcake.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries or your favourite candies
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe